Have you ever wondered why you attract a certain type of people? It could be apart of who you are.
Attributes of a Healer
You are highly sensitive to energy.
You feel other people’s emotions and physical ailments as your own (empath).
You are intuitive and can read others very easily.
You are a “big picture” thinker (and don’t concern yourself too much with the details).
You have gone through bouts of existential depression.
You have felt like an outcast for most of your life.
You think differently from others.
You get overwhelmed in public easily.
You have struggled with anxiety or panic before.
You are the natural peacemaker between people.
You are the confidant that people turn to in times of need.
You experience digestive issues, lower back pain or gain weight around the stomach (solar plexus chakra disorders).
You feel drained after spending too much time around people
Sensitive beings like animals and children gravitate towards you.
Other people tend to “dump” their emotional baggage onto you to deal with.
You think in shades of grey rather than in black and white.
You are very aware of the interconnectedness of life and deeply respect it.
You believe in synchronicity more than coincidences.
You have a history of healers in the family, e.g. nurses, psychologists, massage therapists You’ve experienced a major trauma in your life, e.g. loss of your family, life-threatening illness, near-death experience, physical/sexual/emotional abuse, war, mental illness. You’ve gone through a spiritual awakening.
You’ve experienced the dark night of the soul.
You tend to use the right side thinker more than a left side thinker.
You experience chronic pain in your body or an autoimmune disease (energetic blockages). You tend to attract people who need “fixing” but often get trapped in self-sacrificing roles. You’re an excellent and compassionate listener.
You are naturally drawn towards healing professions that help others experience balance and wholeness.
You can feel, distinguish between and alter the energy within and without yourself.
You have had numerous mystical experiences.
As a healer, the best possible place you could start is with yourself. As the proverb goes, “Physician, heal thyself!” Starting from within first is the best way to ensure that you have enough energy, passion and love to give to others.
Attributes of a Teacher
Guide Don’t Direct
Promote Positivity – Even in the Face of Adversity
Focus on the Growth of Others
Commit to a Life of Selflessness
A disciplined mind (referring to the quality of having mastered the higher training in an ethical discipline).
A calmed mind (referring to the quality of having mastered the higher training in meditation and concentration).
A mind that is thoroughly calmed (referring to the quality of having mastered the higher training in wisdom, particularly the wisdom of no-self).
Knowledge exceeding that of the student in whatever subject is being taught.
Energy and enthusiasm for teaching the student.
Vast learning in order to have the resources from which to draw examples and citations. Realization of emptiness—if possible, a genuine realization of emptiness, but at least a strong commitment to the practice of emptiness on the basis of deep admiration for the teachings on it.
Eloquence and skill in presenting the Dharma so that the teaching is effective.
Deep compassion and concern for the well-being of the student to whom the teaching is given (perhaps the most important quality of all).
The resilience to maintain enthusiasm for and commitment to the student, not becoming discouraged no matter how many times the teaching has to be repeated.
Attributes of an Empath
1. An empath has a deep sense of empathy, but also a constellation of profound characteristics that set them apart from “someone who is empathetic”.
2. An empath is highly intuitive. An empath has the ability to scan someone and know information about their current, former, or future experiences. The awareness of this gift evolves over time. Young empaths simply see themselves as “highly sensitive” or “really good with people”.
3. Empaths often either sense, feel, or take on the energy, mood, or condition of the people around them. Mood and energy management techniques are a must for Empaths.
4. An empath knows another person’s true emotions despite any attempt the other person makes to hide them or lie about them. Empaths have an amazing B.S. detector! Phonies and hypocrites can’t fool an Empath unless the empath wants to be fooled….
5. Empaths have a great inner desire help others, to make them feel at ease. Empaths are profoundly compassionate, considerate and understanding of others.
6. The empath’s gifts and sensitivities aren’t only with people close to them, but with complete strangers, animals, plants, and inanimate objects. Empathy isn’t bound by space or time thus the Empath will feel and react to situations or people from any distance, around the globe included.
7. Many empaths intuitively learn to become highly observant and excellent readers of body language and eye movements.
8. In the case of those who grew up with trauma, violence, severe dysfunction, addiction, or mental illness, hypervigilance (a constant state of “high alert” from a feeling of impending danger) often leads a person to become overwhelmingly attentive in an effort to remain safe in frightening situations. Hypervigilance can become a hard-wired response, even when it is no longer needed. There are many holistic and therapeutic remedies available. If you are hypervigilant, thus in a state of anxiety most of the time, please seek professional help.
9. Empaths are drawn to healing professions, the medical field, and human/animal rights activism. They also rank highly in the expressive arts field such as poetry, music, art, singing, acting and dancing.
10. Empaths often develop into professionals in the Alternative and Spiritual Arts such hypnotherapy, holistic, organic nutrition, psychic readers, energy and Reiki practitioners,holistic sychotherapists, animal communicators, caretakers, Social Workers, counselors, teachers and more. Empaths’ sensitivities can lead to a wide variety of challenging experiences that divert them until they come to understand and accept their innate gifts.
The younger empaths today are becoming aware at earlier ages, which is so helpful to them and to the well-being of society and the world. Planet Earth needs all the gifted Empaths to come into service as soon as possible!